Saturday, September 10, 2011

Busy Bags: Day 11 (Pipe Cleaner Fun)

395

Name: Ashley Cates

Kids/Ages: Parker- 2 1/2, Cooper due in November

How do you spend your free time? Free time?  What's that?  

When you were a child, what was one of your favorite ways to spend your day? I spent a lot of my days "playing school" with my imaginary students at my Granny & Gramps's house. 


Fondest memory with your mom as a child?  It was just my mom and I in the house growing up, so more than just 1 favorite memory I have with my mom, I loved always having her with me.  No matter what was going on, she was always by my side and would do anything for me.  Ever since I've had Parker, my first child, I have learned to respect and appreciate all the sacrifices she made for me growing up.  


What does special time with your children look like? Spending the entire day doing "Parker Activities"- not worrying about anything else going on or what "needs" to be done.  


Favorite outdoor activity with your kids? While I walk, Parker rides his bike. 


Favorite blog for children's activities/crafts/parenting? Pinterest is my new addiction. 

pipecleaner


I emailed out and had friends save their Pringles cans for me and thankfully, I had more than 26! I also collected the Crystal Lite drink containers, but my hole punch wouldn't work on the lids, so I trashed those.  I hole punched the Pringle can lids with 5 holes in it.  I colored reinforcement holes 5 different colors to match the 5 different colors of pipe cleaners... so each Pringles container has a red, green, blue, yellow and white reinforcement hole around the hole I punched in the lid.  These will be the holes the child matches the color of pipe cleaner up to.   I also spray painted the cans black.  

Supplies for each bag: 
  • 1 Pringles Can or another container you can take the lid on and off and also poke holes in (ie, sour cream container, coffee container, etc.) 
  • hole punch 
  • Hole Reinforcements (I did 5 for each can, because each can will have 5 colors of pipe cleaners to feed through) 
  • Various Colors of Pipe Cleaners (I used 5 different colors: green, red, blue, yellow and white) 
  • I also spray painted the Pringles cans 
Cost Breakdown:
  • 5 bags of pipe cleaners (.99 each bag at Michaels)
  • $2 on hole reinforcements at Target (but have a ridiculous amount left over) 
  • $1 on a new hole punch.    
    • $8.00 total plus the cost of the large baggies 
Variations:
There are lots of variations of this to make it harder or easier, some would be: 
  • making letters out of pipe cleaners
  • using them for stringing objects
  • learning how to wrap the pipe cleaner around a pencil (or similar object)
Helpful Tutorials: 
Downloads:
-Pipe Cleaner Fun Direction Cards

Check out Popsicle Matching on Planet of the Apel's today.
popsciles

0 comments:

Post a Comment